Pointer

Pointer

Monday, December 23, 2013

12/23/13 Clean Up Hunt

Well it was cold today!  Willow did great, pointed about 10 birds, but I can't say I did so well!  Missed the first bird, took three shots at it and it kept flying!  The next four birds were missed due to the firing pit light sticking and the gun not going off.  After each bird I got the fun to fire but not on the next bird we saw.  I decided to go and switch back to the old reliable pump gun.  On the way back to the car Willow went on point again.  This time I could not shoot due to a low flying bird going right toward another group of hunters, so I told Willow to get it and she took the chucker right out of the air.  That was the first bird we actually got.  I switched guns and went three for four for the rest of the hunt.  That could have been a great cleanup day, but it was fun anyway.  Now I need to figure out why I am getting light strikes on the firing pin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and share pheasant hunting stories!