Pointer

Pointer

Sunday, January 19, 2014

1/19/2014 hunt



Got the dogs out today for a hunt.  Mark and I released 9 birds.  This was probably the worst conditions I have seen for pheasant hunting.  It snowed really light snow yesterday, and winds at 25 mph today.  Snow was blowing and drifting everywhere.  I took the new gopro out to see what kind of video I could get.  Well I had some issues with it, as I am new at using it.  I got video of two birds before I realized the remote wasn't working anymore.  I will try and get that short clip together later tonight and post it by the videos on the main blog page.  Willow is now up to 80, we took 7 of the nine we released.  We saw 14, but once they were in the wind they were gone.  Overall a good hunt and we had fun, but conditions were bad.  Lots of ice in the field also.  Watch for the video.

http://youtu.be/fHerv8MOS70

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and share pheasant hunting stories!