Pointer

Pointer

Saturday, April 4, 2015

4/3/15 guided pheasant hunt with GSP german shorthair pointers

Had day to get any pics as we seemed to be rushing around a lot.  The guys did a round of
Clays before we started, so we started a little late and then ended a little late.  Tried to get on the birds fast.  16 released in my field and 12 taken with a a handful of misses.  The dogs worked good, and the birds were actually holding better than I thought they would.  Willow is up to 216 and Autumn is up to 137.  Next season I am going to score different as I feel I am robbing them a bit as most times both dogs are pointing the bird.  I am going to give both dogs credit for the bird if both are pointing it.  Might be more solo hunts next season, as Autumn is really ready to go alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and share pheasant hunting stories!