Pointer

Pointer

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

2/9/16 clean up hunt.

Got out for a clean up hunt with Mark and was surprised the birds were running hard.  Actually saw close to 15 birds fly out of out field all at 80+ yards out of range.  Ended up taking three birds with three others we should have gotten. It was a cold day out so I was happy with the three.  Willow got all three today while we missed all that Autumn pointed.  Actually, we only shot two, and picked up an injured bird that must have been shot a day before.  Willow pointed it and then in ran.  She chased it down.  When I opened it up it was full of shot, so someone must have hit it and not found it.  I am giving Willow all three birds to put her at 307.  I guess I am going to have to make it up to Autumn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and share pheasant hunting stories!