Pointer

Pointer

Sunday, October 12, 2014

First hunt at Gum Farm hunt club 2014/2015 season 10/11/14

Went out with my uncle to Gum Farm on Saturday.  He is working with his shorthair to see if we can get her hunting.  She is real birdy outside the field but the gun noise has been hard for her, not that she spooks, but she does tend to stay on heals when there are guns around.   She started pushing out a bit more on the hunt and seems to be getting used to the noise.  Now she needs to start to find birds on a hunt.  If we keep her going she will be a good hunting dog.   She is Aitumn's half sister and they were born a week appart.  Willow and Autumn did good and we ended up going 8 for 8. I took one picture after the hunt, looking to start video recording hunts next time out. 

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering how you like Gum Farm so far?

    Dave - UnderFortyYards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dave
      Email me at bcycling@att.net and I will give you the scoop on all the clubs I belong to and what I think of them.

      Delete

Please comment and share pheasant hunting stories!