Pointer

Pointer

Sunday, October 12, 2014

First hunt out at coon creek 2014/2015 season.

Went out to check the fields at Coon Creek last Sunday.  Most of the fields are really thick for early season hunting, but after the first snow fall I am sure these fields will be great!  I just did a three bird release, more to get the dogs out on their first hunt of the season.  The dogs ended up finding all three birds, but I missed them all.  The dogs would point and the birds would run and not fly.  By the time we caught back up to all three they took off quick and I missed.  Thought it was going to be the first hunt I came back with nothing, but I did end up hitting a scratch chucker right at the end if the hunt.  I think the dogs were more upset at me than I was.  It was a good day in the field and I got to check conditions.  Sorry didn't take any video or pictures as I was more concerned with working the dogs and learning the field.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and share pheasant hunting stories!