Pointer

Pointer

Saturday, February 1, 2014

2/1/14 pheasant hunt

Well Friday I decided to schedule a hunt for Saturday.  Well I make it out with about 4 inches of fresh snow on the ground, and slow still falling.  I only released 4 birds and I finally got as many as I released.  Actually, I downed five birds, but unfortunately one of them was hit to close and ruined.  I am getting better with the gopro, but still missed a lot of the hunt.  It was a good day dispute walking through the deep snow.  I hit some spots that were past my knee.  I am working on the video and will have it up soon.  Lots of double points today, i am going to put Willow up to 85 birds and Autumn is up to 9.  I hope that Willow can get to 100 this season, as it's her first real season out and she is doing great, but in think Autumn may end up being an even better hunter than Willow when she grows up a bit, I am just hoping she learns to hold her point a little longer at times.



A new link will come soon.  YouTube muted that video.  I guess Blake Shelton doesn't want his music on you tube.  Weird it got busted on that video, I heard he served venison at his wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and share pheasant hunting stories!