Pointer

Pointer

Sunday, February 9, 2014

2/9/14 Hunt A Good Day with Mark and the Dogs

We booked this hunt mid week and the forcast looked a bit rough, but each day I checked the weather it got a little better.  It ended up being about 20 out with light wind and sun.  The only issue was the deep snow, some drifts being mid thigh deep.  Well we got out and had a great hunt.  We released 8 pheasants and ended up taking 7, missed one, but we picked up a scratch chucker, it was Mark's first chucker.  I had the go pro out again and am hoping to have the video tomorrow some time.  The only part of the hunt that frustrated me was when two birds spooked up ahead of us before the dogs could point them and I shot both of them.  The irratating part was I didn't have time to hit record on the gopro, so I missed the filming of my first double.  Also, Willow hit some fence and started limping a bit, so we put her back in the car and Autumn got her first go at a solo hunt for the last hour.  She pointed the chucker and retrieved it after Mark hit it.  I am looking forward to seeing what kind of footage I got of that.  Watch for the video tomorrow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWKu_SEFDn8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and share pheasant hunting stories!