Pointer

Pointer

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Guided German Shorthair Pointer pheasant hunt GSP on fire

Well got out with a real good group of guys today for the pheasant hunt.  Had a rookie in the group which makes it fun for me.  I love to see a guy get his first bird.  Well is was a larger group of guys so the group was split in half with two guides in two fields.  My group ended up taking 15 birds and missed a few as well.  The dogs were working good and I tried to get some pictures with the gopro but haven't had a chance to check then out yet.  If any turned out I will post them.  I am giving each dog eight today as they both really pointed almost every bird together.  It's really amazing how well they work together.  That puts Willow to 210 and Autumn to 131.  Not sure if I will get the chance to go out again this year but I am hoping.  It was really a good day in the field with a bunch of good guys to guide for.
Can you see the rooster in this point?
Another good point.
Can't shoot the ones by the cars, guess the dogs didn't know that!
Sunrise on the Garden Prairie Rd.



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful dog work, great points and honoring! They look like very steady dogs, one problem my needs some work on still. You had a better day then me, I was working on a brake job on the wife's car, would rather be in the field. I was out last weekend ay my buddies club for a cleanup hunt, not many birds the dogs did better than the shooters, it was one of those days...

    ReplyDelete

Please comment and share pheasant hunting stories!