Pointer

Pointer

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Pheasant hunt with the GSP german shorthairs at Coon Creek on 3/8/15

Took mark and John out for a 9 bird release.  Hunted field 3, my first time in that field, and it's a hard one to hunt, especially since the birds were running into the timber.  At about 3 we got bird nine, and Mark and John decided they had enough.  I saw a small area that looked good for birds and told them we should make a quick circle through it.  They said no they were done.  I told them I would meet them at the car in 10 minutes.  I made the circle and pulled out three more birds.  I thought it was kind of funny.   We ended up with 12 birds and missed three out there.  Got a chucker in the group.  Willow was on fire and pointed 8 of the birds today which puts her to 193.  Autumn was always right behind her backing her up but only found three which puts her to 114.  Johns dog pulled the chucker. Not sure if Willow will hit the 200 mark as I am not sure if I will get another chance to guide.  There are only two weeks left in the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment and share pheasant hunting stories!